Monday, September 15, 2014

Staying in Schoharie with Elder Jepsen!


Mom,
So glad to hear that your surgery went well. I will take pics of the fall colors for sure!! Right now the computers at the church are down, so I won't be able to send home some pictures until those get up and running again. The library we use for computers in Schoharie has some weird protocol that prevents me from uploading them. Anyways this week was great, just like last. We still taught a lot, and it is so cool to see how important it is that we maintain constant contact with the investigators, part-member families, and less-actives we teach. The new teaching method is really focused on short, frequent lessons, 30 minutes at the most, but oftentime, those visits can be only 15 or 20 minutes. And it's cool to see how much quicker the people progress in the gospel. We were able to meet a couple of times with the Kargs, they are so sweet. We taught them the plan of salvation, and they really enjoyed it. It is so cool to see the people you teach feel the spirit and help them see that that is the Holy Ghost testifying to them that what we are sharing is true and can truly bless their lives. Schoharie is really booming. The ward is starting to develop a ward mission plan, and it is cool to see how the members are getting excited about missionary work. We did have a few appointments cancel, but we got to meet with some really cool people too. We met with a less-active, Miranda Bender, who says she is never home, and it was a miracle that we were able to catch her and meet with her. And she says she is on Facebook all the time, so now we will be able to share the gospel with her. We got transfer calls this last Saturday. Elder Jepsen and I will be staying together another transfer, which we are way excited for. We will be together for both of our birthdays and the pumpkin patch, which is a huge event in Schoharie county that the Vanderwerken Family Hosts. We are excited for that because it will be a great opportunity to meet new people. We also get free food there (the vanderwerkens are members). We also got to teach this week with Brother Roberts, one of the funniest guys I've met on my mission. We always have a laugh with him!!! Love you mom and I love you all. Hope you all have a fantastic week.

Sincerely,
Elder Richins
PS.  I was wondering if you could send me out all of my ties that I left home?? As I reviewed my facebook profile, I noticed I left some sweet ties home, so that would be great.

No comments:

Post a Comment