Wednesday, August 6, 2014

August 2014


Mom and Dad,
Glad to hear you had a good week and a great time bike riding. Raining, haha, it rains a lot here in New York. Anyways, sorry about yesterday. Hope I didn't give you a heart attack. Elder Thompson and I went to the church library like normal, and we both tried everything we could to log on, but we couldn't, so we had to push email back to today. Anyways, this week has been great. The work is truly hastening. We know for sure that in the coming months, probably by the end of 2014 at the latest, we will have the ipads and this transfer it looks like we are going to start online proselyting, using computers to get on facebook to contact investigators and find people to teach. I'm so excited. So many people are out there, and the internet is a great way to come in contact with those ready to receive the gospel. Transfers are tomorrow, and I'm taking over the area. Elder Thomspon is going to Lake Placid, I was a little jealous. Haha. It's sad to see him leave, but I am very excited to start working with my new companion Elder Jepsen, who came out with me!! We were buddies in the MTC!!!! It's going to be so much fun. Unfortunately, Sierra isn't really progressing anymore. For the first time, she dropped appointments and wasn't able to come to church last Sunday. However, things are looking up here as we plan to contact 2 member referrals this week. I'm very excited for that, because member referrals are so solid. Both Hannah and Whitney were greatly influenced by members before I ever met either one of them. Also had a cool experience with tracting. For the first time on my mission, I was able to teach someone as soon as we talked to them. Most people want a return appointment or aren't interested. Had lots of sweet corn this week. Schoharie county is nicknamed the bread basket of the revolution, because most of the food that supported the colonial army was grown here. I'm excited for the upcoming transfer. With the new ward mission leader and bishop, and hopefully the use of technology, the work will truly begin to hasten. I'm so grateful for the opportunity to be able to able to serve a mission. It's crazy to see how much the gospel blesses our lives. There are so many people who don't understand the purpose of life or who God really is. Love you all and hope you have a fantastic week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment