Monday, January 27, 2014

It's Cold!

Dad,

That is so funny.  How did that old dog sneak up on you, She's pretty loud, haha.  Well idk if Elder Johnson or I will survive next transfers, we work really well together, but he has been in this area for about 8 months. The next transfer day is on Wednesday, February 19th, so we get transfer calls on Saturday, February 15th. There are 5 zones in our mission, Utica, Albany, Syracuse, Potsdam, and Oweago (don't know if I spelled that last one right) and it's really nice because the zone coorelate with the 4 stakes and 1 district in our mission - Utica stake, Albany Stake, Syracuse Stake, Oweago Stake, and the Potsdam district. I'm in the Albany zone and stake, so our zone conference was held at the Albany stake center, which I believe is actually in the town of Latham, not downtown Albany. What day do the Olympics start?? It's a shame you had to stay behind for work and didn't get to go to Casper for Nate and Mike's tournament.  This week has been good.  I got to place a Book of Mormon to a friend of a recent convert we have been visiting. He was so cool and funny, and very relatable to me. He loves puns, and his sense of humor is a lot like yours and mine. He sat in on our lesson, and accepted the book of mormon when I offered it to him. It's so great to be serving here as a missionary and helping others receive the great blessings of the gospel we sometimes take for granted. It's amazing how small the lds population is out here. It's about a 45 minute drive to the stake center, and a 20-30 minute drive to our church building, and the closest temple is 3 hours away. I'm not saying this as a bad thing, but It's made me realize how much growing up where I did and enjoying the blessings of the gospel is something we can all take for granted. Love you Dad, and have a great week!!!!

Elder Tyler Richins

Mom,

How was Wyoming.  I forgot to tell Dad this in my letter to him, so I hope you will tell him. This week has been very different from last week in terms of weather, it has been cold all day. And as for the frost inside the windows, that's happened here to our car numerous times.  We will get the ice scraper and get out to scrape to find out it's the inside that's frozen.  
We went on a blitz with the Schenectady Elders. Since they have been struggling with getting people to teach, Elder Johnson and I went and we were companions for the day with one of the Schenectady elders and worked in their area for the day. We just knocked on doors of people that the missionaries had previous contact with who said they might be interested in a gospel message. So we walked around a lot that day, and it was about 8 degrees when we did this at 1:00 in the afternoon. Was it cold in Casper?? Anyways, it has been another good week. As for the flat tire - I'm glad you followed your impression. It's amazing what happens as we follow the promptings of the Holy Ghost. What time did you get in last night, because as of now, Michael is the only one who's written me a letter to reply to but you did get in very late. As for the guy, it was someone who drove up to us not this past week but 2 weeks ago who told us that we get our religion from a "bastardized text" and that Jesus's name is really "Yashuia". It was pretty eventful. You meet all sorts of interesting people here in New York.   I got to place a book of mormon to a friend of a recent convert we have been visiting. He was so cool and funny, and very relatable to me. He loves puns, and his sense of humor is a lot like mine and dads. He sat in on our lesson, and accepted the book of mormon when I offered it to him. It's so great to be serving here as a missionary and helping others receive the great blessings of the gospel we sometimes take for granted. It's amazing how small the lds population is out here. Our ward boundaries are the size of two stakes back at home. But it makes me realize how blessed I am to have been able to grow up where I did and enjoy such great blessings of the gospel. Love you mom, and have a great week.

Tyler 


No comments:

Post a Comment