Friday, December 20, 2013

Excerpts from Elder Richins

To Dad - "I now know why you prefer to be off.  Working all day is hard, and I've definitely had some of those days.  But missionaries are truly blessed, and I love it, even though it's hard."

To Mom - "Things are great here.  We have a car we share with another companionship, so the weeks we don't have a car we either walk, get rides with members who come teaching with us, or take the bus...Take care and don't stress.  I'm loving New York."

To Emily - "It's kind of impossible to tell you everything.  Look up the missionary schedule.  That's about it.  Get up at 6:30, work all day, and go to bed at 10:30.  You're constantly changing plans and stuff.  You pray alot (at least 7 times a day and that's a minimum)."

To Sarah - "President Wirthlin tells me whenever I see him - "If I get up and say it's going to be a good day, it will be a good day."  If I try to be positive and pray, I will be happier.  I've noticed that so many times already on my mission."

To Nate - "Trust me, you don't want to gain 10 pounds the way I have..."

To Mike - "The river is already frozen over, and I bet I could play hockey on the pond right by our apartment right now."

To Nick - "I did get two Thanksgiving dinners.  New York is great, it's cold and the Mohawk River is already freezing over.  I don't think I'm allowed to throw a river party though...which is a bummer. (Newhart reference HaHaHa).  Elder Johnson is wonderful.  He is very nice and supportive.  He wants me to be the best missionary I can be, and is truly a  wonderful example.  President and Sister Wirthlin are amazing.  They love pizza and I had probably the best pizza and wings I've ever had."

No comments:

Post a Comment