Monday, December 16, 2013

December 16,2013

Dad,

This week flew by. I went on my first exchange with Elder Flaherty. He's a great guy, and I'm grateful for the opportunity I had to serve with him. He has a great attitude about missionary work. I also had a tender mercy from the Lord, as when we were walking around, I noticed my name tag was missing. I was hesitant on walking back and looking for it, but Elder Flaherty said it was fine. We walked back, and we found it after retracing our steps for only a minute or two, even though we had walked miles that day. I knew that I noticed it was gone before we walked too far because the Lord truly does watch out for us. I love my district. I'm learning a lot from Elder Johnson, he's a great missionary. Sorry I haven't told you sooner, but we actually have an investigator named Hannah who is getting baptized on January 4th. She already had a baptismal date when I arrived, but her testimony of the gospel has grown so much in the little time I have been here. She struggled a lot with living prophets and apostles, but she got a testimony of that when we watched the movie, Joseph Smith, the prophet of the restoration, with her. The spirit was so strong. It was by far one of the best lessons I've been involved in, and she even cried. Anyway, since my companion is the district leader, I get to go on another exchange this week to Albany with one of our zone leaders. I sent everyone home letters just barely. Hope everything is going well at home. Sorry my letter is short this week, but Elder Gittins is showing me how to email pictures home. We had a snowstorm the other day, and the amount of snow we had was at least a foot. We had to shovel around our cars in order to be able to back them out. I took a picture of our car before the shoveling. And I'm in one of the warmest areas. The snow belt of our mission, which includes places like Syracuse, Osweigo, and Lake Placid gets way more snow and I kind of want to serve there in a winter to see how much snow there is, but I feel like that feeling would die quickly. Osweigo got 50 inches the other day, so it's crazy how cold it can get here. Love you all so much.

Elder Tyler Richins 

No comments:

Post a Comment