Friday, November 22, 2013

Letter 11/20/13

Hey Fam,

So glad to hear everything is going well at home.  My flight # from Salt Lake to Detroit is 974 and from Detroit to Syracuse is 6401.  And Mom, I am getting your letters.  My slacks still haven't gotten here, which isn't too surprising-haha.  I can't believe it's already been one week.  I forgot to thank in my last letter- Sarah for her poem, Emily for her word search, and Nick for his beautifully drawn map.
I'm so relieved yesterday was pday though.  Missionary work is awesome and spiritual, but it is very tiring as well.  It's cool to see how if you do your part, the Lord does His.  My first lesson to Andre (mock investigator) went great.  We were led by the Holy Ghost and the spirit was so strong.  But we had prepared for that lesson.  The next lesson we taught, we didn't prepare as well for, and we could tell.  After that experience, Elder Burns and I decided to always prepare our best, and every lesson since that one has been good.
One interesting thing about Elder Burns that I found out when we read a letter from his dad, who was reminding him to stick to their family's motto: Stick to the task til it sticks to you!
I love you all and may the Lord bless you.

Elder Richins

P.S. Elder Burns thinks he can beat me in Chess, so send me a game if possible. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment